Spokane Internet Exchange offers the following services free of charge:
- Peering Ports – 1Gbps/10Gbps/40Gbps Ports Available
Route Servers – Peer with our BIRD route servers to simplify peering
Private Peering – Private VLANs between members
Web Portal – Manage and monitor your peering port via our web portal
SpokaneIX is free to encourage local internet infrastructure development, localize traffic, and to increase and optimize traffic.
SpokaneIX General Policies
- This document contains a set of common rules that all networks wishing to connect to the SpokaneIX fabric must adhere to. Failure to comply with any provision of this agreement can result in immediate disconnection from the SpokaneIX peering fabric without notice. By connecting to the SpokaneIX peering fabric you acknowledge that you have read, understand and agree to all the terms contained within.
- The terms contained within this document are subject to change. By connecting to the SpokaneIX peering fabric you agree to all future revisions. Revisions will be published and members will be notified through the members mailing list 30 days in advance.
- SpokaneIX does not manage, coordinate or get involved in relationships between connected members and will not act as a third party in any agreement, mediation or dispute.
- The SpokaneIX Peering fabric may not be used in a manner that would disrupt anyone’s business or infrastructure.
- SpokaneIX Administration personnel reserve the right to disconnect or otherwise disrupt service to a member under any of the following conditions:
- Failure to follow any of the provisions of this agreement.
- To perform scheduled or emergency maintenance.
- Statutory obligation set forth by a regulating authority.
- As part of a request related to an ongoing investigation, warrant or subpoena issued by a recognized law enforcement entity with jurisdiction in an area in which Spokane Internet Exchange LLC. operates.
- Any unforeseen issue that would require SpokaneIX to interrupt connectivity for the sake of its membership.
- Spokane Internet Exchange LLC. (SpokaneIX) does not provide hosting, colocation, cross connects, loops or any other services outside of the peering fabric.
- SpokaneIX is not responsible for any losses incurred as a result of disruption in the continuity of the Peering fabric. The service is provided as is, without any warranties expressed or implied including merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
SpokaneIX Peering Requirements:
- The peering candidate must be a registered entity in its local jurisdiction.
- The peering candidate must provide SpokaneIX with a 24 hour contact point.
- Only BGPv4 is allowed as a routing protocol.
- The Peering candidate must have a registered, Public ASN (Autonomous System Number) issued by a recognized routing registry. (ARIN, RIPE, APNIC, LACNIC, AfriNIC)
- Single members are allowed to use multiple ASN’s as long as they share a common contact point.
- SpokaneIX only accepts peering traffic from its members. Members may not transit charged peering traffic or use next-hop rewrites, default routes or static routes.
- Peering parties are encouraged to aggregate routes where ever possible.
- Only prefixes registered to the Member or for which the member has a signed LOA on file may be announced.
- The minimum prefix announced should be /24 for IPv4 and /48 for IPv6.
SpokaneIX Technical Requirements:
- The only L2 frame types allowed are 0x0800, 0x86dd and 0x0806.
- All L2/L3 protocols are forbidden with the exception of IP, NDP and ARP.
- There is a limit of one MAC address per port. Shared cables (“extensions”) are not permitted without prior authorization.
- SpokaneIX reserves the right to require bandwidth justification if deemed necessary.
- Ethernet aggregation is available subject to SpokaneIX approval.
- The use of MD5 and/or BTSH to secure BGP sessions is recommended.
|Organization||ASN||Addresses||Policy||Port Speed||Location||Peering Contact|
|Route Server 1||AS17193||188.8.131.52
|Route Server 2||AS17193||184.108.40.206
|Selective||10Gbps||US Bank||[email protected]|
|Open||20Gbps||US Bank||[email protected]|
|Open||10Gbps||US Bank||[email protected]|